Sunday, January 25, 2009

Ah, That Wacky Winter Weather

Freezin' rain's a'comin'. Monday through Wednesday, my area of Arkansas may experience that dreaded winter enemy that downs power lines, mucks up highways, and breaks tree limbs, not to mention freezes the water supplies of entire towns, as it did mine several years ago.

I know employers and schools can't predict weather's exact behavior, but when there's a high chance (70% on Monday, 100% on Tuesday) that the roads will become solid sheets of sparkly, deadly ice, I'd think the smart thing to do would be to cancel anything requiring employees and kids to be out on those same roads.

But that's just me.

2 comments:

Strider said...

....and so goes winter! But, spings 'a-coming. To show you how tired I am of the cold...I'm looking forward to mowing my yard.

Keanan Brand said...

Ya know, I kinda miss my green yard, too! Right now, it's covered in leftover leaves, dead grass, and a thick layer of ice.