Tuesday, November 6, 2007

More Pics from Dairy Hollow

Group shots with this bunch were a challenge; below is one of the better ones, with writer-in-residence Marian in the back on the right, writers' colony staffers Linda in the middle and Jane on the left. As you can see, my crew is precocious!


And here are miscellaneous shots of kids intent on creative pursuits.





















I will always remember the time one of my junior high English teachers paved the way for me to attend a one-day writers conference for kids. It was one of the most encouraging days of my life, and one of the most exciting. It taught me that I was not alone in the fiction universe.

My hope is that the kids pictured above are similarly encouraged to pursue their creative passions. What I would give to read their names in print, or see their artwork on a gallery wall!

No comments: